The MS-5517 or “Sword” is part of our MilSub Range or Military Inspired Diving Watches (1950’s-1970’s). Here we have distilled the essence of these classic British Special Boat Squadron (a Special Forces Unit of the Royal Marines) watches. It has the sword hands, the full 60-minute bezel in the classic case with crown guard. A restrained classic.
There are 2 designs: MS-5517 Vintage, a closer interpretation of the classic SBS watch; and MS-5517-DO (Date Option)
MS-5517 Vintage: No date and full 60-minute bezel insert in ceramic with coloured lumen, mimicking the faded lumen of the original.
MS-5517-DO: With date complication, 60-minute bezel insert in ceramic, outer minute track with military (24 hour) markings and raw C3 SuperLumiNova. This is our interpretation of what the MS-5517 should/would be.
Specifications – MS-5517:
- Case Diameter (no crown) 40.5mm
- Thickness 12.9mm
- Lug Gap 20.0mm
- Lug-to-lug 51.0mm
- Crown 7.0mm
- Crystal (Sapphire) 4.5mm
- AR Coating
- Bracelet 20.0mm x 4.0mm (non-tapering)
- End links Solid
- All links removable via Torx screws
- Bezel 41.50mm
- 15min Bezel Insert Ceramic with Luminescence
- Snowflake Hands
- C3 SuperLumiNova Luminescence (hands and dial)
- Dial Colours: Black
- Complications: Date or No Date
- Seagull ST-1812 Automatic (2892-A2 clone)
- Soprod A-10 Automatic (renamed to M100)
- Case Back Stainless Steel with 6 Torx Screw (Torque: 0.175 Nm approx..)