The MS-6538 or “James Bond Large Crown” is part of our MilSub Range or Military Inspired Diving Watches (1950’s-1970’s). We have distilled the essence of this early classic pre-crown guard large crown diving watch. It has the overly large marker at 12H, Mercedes hour hand, 8.0mm crown and slimmer bezel with simple insert.
Like the Porsche 911, it is the same but different. This model is a big departure from its inspiration, taking its design execution from pure function. No crown guard and a Big Crown with knurling for better grip. We continued the knurling onto the bezel, a bigger minute hand and a Red second hand.
We are offering only black dials with date or no date options, and printed or applied indices. Raw C3 SuperLumiNova on the hands, dial and bezel.
Specifications – MS-6538:
- Case Diameter (no crown) 40.5mm
- Thickness 12.9mm
- Lug Gap 20.0mm
- Lug-to-lug 51.0mm
- Crown 8.0mm
- Crystal (Sapphire) 4.5mm
- AR Coating
- Bracelet 20.0mm x 4.0mm (non-tapering)
- End links Solid
- All links removable via Torx screws
- Bezel 40.50mm
- Bezel Insert Ceramic with Lumen
- Mercedes Hour Hands
- C3 SuperLumiNova Luminescence (hands and dial)
- Dial Colours: Black
- Indices: Applied or Printed
- Complications: Date or No Date
- Soprod A-10 Automatic (renamed to M100)
- Case Back Stainless Steel with 6 Torx Screw (Torque: 0.175 Nm approx.)