The WT-1884 or “World Timer” is part of the OWC OCD (Orange Centre for Design) Range, being our own interpretation of a mechanical Time Zone Traveller Watch. The modern time zones came into being at the International Meridian Conference of 1884 that set the international 24-hours times zone system.
It is an elegant purpose-built watch with steel bezel, knurling on the large crown and bezel. We cannot point to any specific inspiration and hence it is not part of the ISO range. It has the essential elements for the international traveller, global importer/exporter or the modern commodity trader to make sense of multiple time-zone.
Easy to read sword hands, applied indices, black only dial C3 SuperLumiNova, date or no date. It has been tested to 30 ATM, providing sufficient protections for most occasions including diving.
Specifications – WT-1884:
- Case Diameter (no crown) 40.5mm
- Thickness 12.9mm
- Lug Gap 20.0mm
- Lug-to-lug 51.0mm
- Crown 8.0mm
- Crystal (Sapphire) 4.5mm
- AR Coating
- Bracelet 20.0mm x 4.0mm (non-tapering)
- End links Solid
- All links removable via Torx screws
- Bezel 40.50mm
- Bezel Stainless Steel with engraved markings
- Sword Hands
- C3 SuperLumiNova Luminescence (hands and dial)
- Dial Colours: Black
- Indices: Applied
- Complications: Date or No Date
- Seagull ST-1812 Automatic (2892-A2 clone)
- Sellita SW300-1 Elaborate Top Regulation (Chronometre Grade)
- Case Back Stainless Steel with 6 Torx Screw (Torque: 0.175 Nm approx.)